This refreshingly cool and sweet honey almond milk cold brew coffee drink is simply the best way to enjoy your daily cup of coffee on a hot Summer day.
Inspired by the Starbucks honey almondmilk cold brew, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare and a great way to save time.
I hope you love this cold brew with almond milk recipe as much as I do.
Why I love this honey almond milk cold brew recipe
This almond milk cold brew coffee is a great way to enjoy smooth tasting cold brew with a light sweetness thanks to the addition of honey.
Our recipe is inspired by the 2021 Starbucks new beverage menu.
New on the beverage list is the Starbucks honey almond milk cold brew coffee.
But if you don’t want to spend $4.25 at Starbucks on your daily cup of coffee, this recipe is the perfect alternative to make a delicious flavored cold brew at home for less.
History of the Starbucks honey almond milk cold brew
Starbucks introduced cold brew to the menu in 2015 and it has become increasingly popular amongst customers.
The pumpkin spice cold brew was released in 2019 as a cold alternative to their hot pumpkin spice latte. Then in January 2021 the Starbucks honey almond milk cold brew coffee was released.
The main difference between the Starbucks almond milk cold brew and my cold brew almond milk coffee with honey is the honey.
Starbucks use a honey blend, which is mixed with water, flavor and preservatives to make it more like a syrup.
This helps it blend more easily with the cold brew and last longer thanks to the preservatives.
Instead I use regular honey thinned out with a little hot water – simple.
More Starbucks copycat recipes
- Iced chocolate almond milk shaken espresso
- Salted caramel cream cold brew
- Cinnamon dolce latte
- Iced sugar cookie latte
- Irish cream cold brew
What you need to make honey almond milk cold brew at home
To make this honey almond milk coffee recipe, all you need is:
- A jug or jar if you want to make your brew in one large batch to store for later
- Drinking glasses to serve.
To make cold brew from scratch, you will need:
- Another jar or French press to brew your coffee in overnight before you start. See our full cold brew recipe here.
- Cold brew coffee beans
If you are grinding whole beans ensure they are coarsely ground. Note not all grinders can do this and you will achieve the best grind with a coarse grind coffee grinder.
Almond milk cold brew coffee ingredients
With just three ingredients, this almond milk cold brew recipe is pretty simple.
- Cold brew coffee
- Almond milk
Cold brew coffee
You can either use homemade cold brew coffee or bottled cold brew from the store.
If you don’t have want to make it at home, ready made cold brew brands we recommend include:
- Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- Wandering Bear Extra Strong Organic Cold Brew Coffee On Tap
We use plain almond milk in our cold brew almond milk coffee, but you can also experiment with flavored almond milk.
You probably already have a favorite almond milk for your coffee drinks, but if not, we love:
How to make honey almond cold brew coffee at home
Below we explain step by step how to make honey almond cold brew coffee at home.
We have prepared our iced honey almond milk cold brew straight into the glasses to drink right away.
But you can also prepare this cold brew recipe in a large jug or jar and store in the fridge – the steps are the same, just don’t add the ice to the jug.
Step 1 – Make or buy cold brew concentrate
The first step is to make or buy your cold brew coffee.
To make cold brew from scratch, you will need to make it the day before as the coffee needs 12-18 hours to brew. See our step by step cold brew coffee recipe here.
If you are using bottled or canned cold brew coffee, measure 1 cup (8 oz) for each glass (we recommend some great brands to try in the ingredients section).
Step 2 – Combine cold brew and honey
Okay, so once you have your cold brew ready, it’s time to combine it with the honey.
Fill your glass 1/2 way with cubed ice. If making this in a jug, skip this step as you don’t want to dilute your cold brew for later.
Mix your honey with just a little hot water to thin it out. This will help it combine with the cold coffee.
Next simply add your cold brew concentrate and honey to the glass. Stir to mix well.
Depending on the type of honey you use, you may find it doesn’t combine or dissolve well – this is okay and it will still impart the honey flavor through your brew.
Step 3 – Add Almond Milk
Next we divide the almond milk between the glasses. If you are making it in one large jug, pour all the almond milk into the jug.
Stir to combine and enjoy your cold brew almond milk latte!
If you find the cold brew too strong, simply add more almond milk or a little cold water to dilute it some more.
Tip: If you would like a little extra sweetness, add a drip more honey to your glass.
And that’s it – super easy to prepare and such a tasty way to make cold brew coffee at home.
Almond milk iced coffee recipe variations to try
There are plenty of ways you can mix up this recipe – here are three ideas to try.
- For an extra flavor boost, try vanilla flavored almond milk like this one instead of plain almond milk. The vanilla flavor pairs well with the honey.
- Try brewing with flavored cold brew coffee beans.
- Spiced honey almondmilk cold brew – Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon on top for a little spice pick me up.
- Honey almondmilk nitro cold brew – replace the cold brew with nitro coffee for a carbonated version of this cold brew and almond milk.
Common questions answered
How many calories in the honey almond milk cold brew?
The Starbucks honey almond milk cold brew recipe has 50 calories in a Grande 16 oz cup.
How do you dissolve honey in cold brew?
The best way to dissolve honey in cold brew is to mix the honey with a couple of teaspoons of hot water before adding to your coffee.
What is a honey almond milk cold brew?
A honey almond milk cold brew is a cold coffee drink made by combining cold brew coffee with almond milk and honey.
The smooth flavorful cold brew is complemented by the subtle sweetness of the honey and the creaminess of the almond milk.
How much caffeine is in honey almondmilk cold brew?
A Starbucks grande honey almondmilk coldbrew has 205mg of caffeine.
The amount of caffeine in a homemade almond milk cold brew will vary depending on the type of cold brew used and how much it has been diluted.
More cold brew coffee recipes to try
If you loved this almond milk cold coffee recipe, here are some more great recipes with coffee to try at home.
- Peppermint mocha frappe
- Cold brew coffee waffles
- 30 cold coffee recipes to try
- How to make proffee
- Coconut cold brew coffee
If you want to make great coffee at home, read about the best coffee beans here.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/4 cup plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- Cubed ice
- Fill your glass 1/2 way up with cubed ice.
- Add cold brew to the glass.
- Mix honey with hot water in a small bowl or cup and stir to combine.
- Pour honey over the cold brew and stir to combine.
- Pour almond milk over the cold brew, stir to combine and serve.
1. To save time you could also make this in a large mason jar and store in the fridge. Simply double or triple the quantities, combine all ingredients except the ice in a large jug or jar. Seal with a lid and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Shake to combine before serving.
2. You can use homemade or store bought cold brew concentrate. If making cold brew at home, you will need to make it the day before - see our easy cold brew recipe here.
3. Honey can be added before and/or after the milk. Adjust the quantity up if you prefer a sweeter coffee drink.
4. We used plain unsweetened almond milk. For even more flavor that pairs well with honey, try a vanilla flavored almond milk.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g
Please note that nutrition information is a computer generated estimate and should not be interpreted as a dietitian's advice. Values can vary greatly among brands, amounts and ingredients used.