It’s time to enjoy the holidays with this decadent homemade peppermint mocha creamer recipe.
Ready in just minutes, my homemade coffee creamer tastes better than store bought creamer (and costs way less).
If you love the combination of coffee, chocolate and mint, you are going to absolutely love this chocolate peppermint creamer.
Why Make Homemade Peppermint Mocha Creamer?
When there are plenty of commercial creamers on the market (like Coffee Mate peppermint mocha creamer), you may ask why make it at home?
Well, apart from the fact homemade creamer has no preservatives and no ingredients with numbers you have never heard of, it just tastes so much better!
Plus, it literally takes just minutes to make a batch of homemade flavored coffee creamer.
If you are ready to enjoy a delicious cup of peppermint mocha coffee at home this Christmas, read on – we have a super indulgent DIY peppermint mocha creamer recipe for you to try.
Ingredients For My Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
First up, an admission – this sweetened condensed milk creamer probably couldn’t be classified as healthy.
It isn’t terrible, but any sweetened condensed milk coffee creamer with chocolate is going to be higher in calories than a dairy free creamer or skinny creamer.
But, it’s the holidays and it is always such a treat to curl up on the couch with a rich and creamy cup of coffee topped with homemade sweet cream coffee creamer.
So if you are looking for a special holiday treat, this is the recipe for you!
Type Of Milk
I have used whole milk in my mocha peppermint creamer because I love the taste.
You could swap it out for plant based or low fat milks if you prefer.
Type Of Chocolate
Melted chocolate is often used in coffee shops to make a mocha.
The addition of melted chocolate to my peppermint mocha creamer recipe is what makes this coffee creamer such a treat.
I have specified both milk and white chocolate chips but you can really use whatever type of chocolate you prefer.
If you want to reduce the calories in your mint chocolate mocha creamer you could always exclude the melted chocolate.
If you exclude the melted chocolate, increase the amount of cocoa powder to 1 tbsp to ensure you still have a chocolatey flavor carrying through.
Do you want to make a white chocolate peppermint creamer? Simply replace the milk chocolate with white chocolate chips.
How To Make Peppermint Mocha Creamer
Step 1 – Melt the chocolate
The first step in this peppermint mocha coffee creamer recipe is to melt your milk and white chocolate.
It is easy to do this in the microwave – but be careful not to burn it.
The best way to avoid burning is to set the timer for just 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between each time until just melted.
Step 2 – Mix ingredients
Now you want to mix all the ingredients together.
The quickest method is to add all the ingredients to the jar or bottle you plan to store it in. I used a 1 quart jar and this worked well.
Place the milk, sweetened condensed milk, melted chocolate, peppermint extract, vanilla extract and cocoa powder in the jar.
Shake the jar until all the ingredients are combined.
Tip – You can also use a blender or bowl to mix the ingredients and then transfer the mix to a jar or bottle to place in the fridge.
And that’s it! Store in the fridge and shake well before using as ingredients may settle in the jar.
How To Make A Peppermint Mocha At Home
Now you have your mocha peppermint coffee creamer, it is super easy to make peppermint mocha coffee like a pro.
- Brew your coffee
- Add 3-4 tablespoons (or more!) of homemade peppermint mocha coffee creamer to your cup.
- Stir to combine.
For an extra holiday treat, top with whipped cream and a dash of crushed mints.
Then just sit back and enjoy your delicious holiday coffee drink.
For another option ,try this Christmas iced coffee with your peppermint mocha creamer.
And if you really love the peppermint chocolate flavor combination, you have to try my peppermint mocha frappuccino recipe.
More Coffee Recipes To Try
If you loved this mocha peppermint creamer recipe, here are some more great coffee drink recipes to try at home.
- White Russian coffee cocktail
- 15 homemade coffee creamer recipes
- Pumpkin spice latte
- 15 different ways to flavor your coffee
If you want to make great coffee at home, find all the best coffee beans here.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz can
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Place white and milk chocolate chips in a small glass bowl and melt in the microwave. Use 20 second increments and stir each time. Do not overcook.1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Add melted chocolate mixture to all remaining ingredients in a large mason jar (1 quart jar works well).2 cups milk, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Place the lid on the jar and shake well to combine all ingredients.
- Store creamer in the fridge for up to a week.
- Melt the chocolate in small increments to ensure it doesn’t separate. 20-30 seconds at a time works well, stirring in between each time.
- If you don’t have a mason jar simply add the ingredients to a bowl or blender and combine well.
- Shake the jar before use each time, as the ingredients may settle.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.