Disappointed that your favorite Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte has been discontinued in store?
Learn how to make a cinnamon dolce latte at home and enjoy this fragrant warming drink whenever you like!
With just three essential ingredients, our homemade cinnamon dolce latte recipe is quick and easy to prepare and is the perfect coffee drink to make during the cooler months.
About This Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe
When it became apparent that Starbucks was not bringing the Cinnamon Dolce Latte back this fall in favor of the new Apple Crisp Macchiato, I wanted to share a really easy cinnamon latte recipe to make at home.
There are loads of recipes that use homemade cinnamon dolce syrup, but to be honest I usually don’t have time to make syrup from scratch and just want my coffee!
So I was excited to discover the Torani brown sugar cinnamon syrup. You can see it here.
Very similar in taste to the cinnamon dolce Starbucks syrup, it makes this recipe for cinnamon dolce latte a cinch and Torani have a sugar free option too.
Literally ready in minutes, you can enjoy all the fall flavors you love with this cinnamon dolce coffee recipe.
What Is A Cinnamon Dolce Latte?
The cinnamon dolce latte was first created by Starbucks, and combines espresso, frothed milk and cinnamon flavored syrup.
The flavored latte can be served hot or iced and is usually garnished with whipped cream and ground cinnamon.
What Does Cinnamon Dolce Mean?
Dolce literally means “sweet” in Italian. You pronounce it like this: “dol-chee“.
So cinnamon dolce literally means sweet cinnamon.
In the case of a cinnamon latte it is a sweet cinnamon syrup made with a combination of brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and ground cinnamon.
Cinnamon Dolce Latte Ingredients
It couldn’t be easier to make a Starbucks copycat cinnamon dolce latte at home. There are only three essential ingredients:
- Cinnamon dolce syrup
- Strong coffee or espresso
Optional ingredients for garnishing include whipped cream and ground cinnamon.
Cinnamon Dolce Latte Syrup
Unlike our homemade sugar cookie syrup, this time we have opted for the quick and easy option of a premade instead of homemade cinnamon dolce flavored syrup.
There are many cinnamon syrups on the market, but the one most like the Starbucks cinnamon dolce syrup is this one by Torani.
Espresso will replicate the cinnamon dolce Starbucks makes the best.
However don’t worry if you don’t have an espresso machine. Simply brew a strong batch of coffee.
You need to brew it extra strong as the steamed milk will dilute the flavor of the coffee somewhat.
It won’t taste exactly the same as the cinnamon dolce latte Starbucks prepare, but it will be close enough (and way cheaper).
I use whole milk, but you can use 2% or plant based milks like oat milk or almond milk instead if you don’t drink dairy milk.
Oat milk froths up well, and has a nice creamy taste that is a great alternative to cow’s milk.
How To Make A Cinnamon Dolce Latte At Home
Below we outline the steps to make a DIY cinnamon dolce latte at home, with some helpful tips and options for brewing coffee and steaming milk.
Step 1 – Add Cinnamon Dolce Latte Syrup
Forget cooking up a homemade syrup.
Instead simply measure out your Torani brown sugar cinnamon syrup.
Step 2 – Prepare Your Coffee
If you have an espresso machine, go ahead and pull a double shot of espresso for each mug.
If you are using a french press or coffee maker, brew a strong batch of coffee and pour 1/2 cup of brewed coffee into each mug.
Stir to combine the cinnamon syrup and coffee.
Step 3 – Froth Your Milk
Next you need to steam and froth your milk to make a hot cinnamon dolce latte.
Note if you want to make an iced cinnamon dolce latte you do not need to steam your milk and you can simply add cold milk straight to your cooled coffee.
There are 4 easy ways to froth milk at home:
- With a steam wand on an espresso machine.
- Using an automatic milk frother like the Breville Cafe Frother.
- With a handheld milk frother like this one.
- Using a french press to manually froth your milk.
When using an espresso machine or automatic milk frother with temperature controls, start with cold milk.
If you are using a hand held frother or a french press, heat the milk first and then froth.
Step 4 – Prepare Your Drink
Finally, pour your steamed milk over your coffee and top each mug off with some milk foam.
Enjoy with or without a sprinkle of ground cinnamon for a healthy cinnamon dolce latte, or for something more decadent, top with whipped cream and cinnamon.
More Starbucks Coffee Drinks To Try
If you loved this Starbucks cinnamon dolce recipe, here are some more great copycat Starbucks coffee drinks to try at home:
- Homemade pumpkin spice latte
- Irish cream cold brew coffee
- Sugar cookie latte
- Honey almondmilk cold brew
- Pumpkin cream cold brew
- Vanilla sweet cream cold foam
- Salted caramel cold brew
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon dolce syrup
- 2 shots espresso see note 1
- 1 cup milk see note 2
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream optional garnish
- Add the cinnamon syrup into your mug.2 tablespoons cinnamon dolce syrup
- Pull espresso shots and add to your mug. Stir to combine.2 shots espresso
- Heat and froth your milk.1 cup milk
- Pour steamed milk into your mug, finishing with some milk foam on the top.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon powder (or whipped cream if using) and enjoy!1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, Whipped cream
- For brewed coffee, brew 1/2 cup double strength coffee, as it will be diluted when adding the milk.
- Four ways to froth milk at home:
- With an espresso machine, use your steamer wand to froth your milk.
- With a handheld frother, heat your milk on the stove or in the microwave then use the frother to froth the milk.
- Use an automatic frother to heat and froth your milk.
- With a french press to froth heated milk.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.