This refreshingly cool and sweet honey almond milk cold brew coffee drink is simply the best way to enjoy your daily cup of coffee on a hot Summer day.
Simple to prepare and a great way to save time, you can make ahead and store in the fridge to drink throughout the week.
I hope you love this cold brew with almond milk recipe as much as I do.
Why I love this honey almond milk cold brew recipe
I discovered that it is also great with non-dairy milks, like almond milk.
I’m not going to claim this is my own unique recipe – it was completely inspired by the 2021 Starbucks new beverage menu. New on the beverage list is the Starbucks honey almondmilk cold brew coffee.
But if you don’t want to spend $4.25 at Starbucks on your daily cup of coffee, this recipe is the perfect alternative to make a delicious flavored cold brew at home.
History of the Starbucks honey almond milk cold brew
Starbucks introduced cold brew to the menu in 2015 and it has become increasingly popular amongst customers.
The pumpkin spice cold brew was released in 2019 as a cold alternative to their hot pumpkin spice latte, and in January 2021, the Starbucks honey almond milk cold brew coffee was released.
The main difference between the Starbucks almond milk cold brew and my cold brew almond milk coffee with honey is the honey.
Starbucks use a honey blend, which is mixed with water, flavor and preservatives to make it more like a syrup.
This helps it blend more easily with the cold brew, but I use regular honey which is still a great ingredient you probably have at home.
What you need to make honey almond milk cold brew at home
To make this honey almond milk coffee recipe, all you need is:
- A jug or jar if you want to make your brew in one large batch to store for later
- Drinking glasses to serve.
To make cold brew from scratch, you will need:
- Another jar or French press to brew your coffee in overnight before you start. See our full cold brew recipe here.
- The best cold brew coffee beans. See our top recommendations here.
Almond milk cold brew coffee ingredients
With just three ingredients, this almond milk cold brew recipe is pretty simple.
- Cold brew coffee
- Almond milk
Cold brew coffee
You can either use homemade cold brew coffee or bottled cold brew from the store.
If you don’t have want to make it at home, cold brew brands we recommend are:
- Stok Black Unsweetened Cold Brew Coffee
- Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- Wandering Bear Extra Strong Organic Cold Brew Coffee On Tap
We use plain almond milk in our cold brew almond milk coffee, but you can also experiment with flavored almond milk.
You probably already have a favorite almond milk for your coffee drinks, but if not, we love:
- Califia Farms – Almond Milk, Original Barista Blend, 32 Oz (Pack of 6) | Shelf Stable | Non Dairy | Nut Milk | Creamer | Plant Based | Vegan | Non-GMO
- Silk Pure Almond Original, 32-Ounce Aseptic Cartons (Pack of 6)
How to make honey almond cold brew
Below we explain step by step how to make honey almond cold brew coffee at home.
We have prepared our iced honey almond milk cold brew straight into the glasses to drink right away.
But you can also prepare this cold brew recipe in a large jug or jar and store in the fridge – the steps are the same, just don’t add the ice to the jug.
Step 1 – Make or buy cold brew concentrate
The first step is to make or buy your cold brew coffee.
To make cold brew from scratch, you will need to make it the day before as the coffee needs 12-18 hours to brew. See our step by step cold brew coffee recipe here.
If you are using bottled or canned cold brew coffee, measure 4 cups (32 oz) to use (we recommend some great brands to try in the ingredients section).
Step 2 – Combine cold brew and honey
Okay, so once you have your cold brew ready, it’s time to combine it with the honey.
Fill your glass 1/2 way with cubed ice. If making this in a jug, skip this step as you don’t want to dilute your cold brew for later.
Simply add your cold brew concentrate and honey to the glass. Stir to mix well.
Depending on the type of honey you use, you may find it doesn’t combine or dissolve well – this is okay and it will still impart the honey flavor through your brew.
Step 3 – Add Almond Milk
Next we divide the almond milk between the glasses. If you are making it in one large jug, pour all the almond milk into the jug.
Stir to combine and enjoy your cold brew almond milk latte!
If you find the cold brew too strong, simply add more almond milk or a little cold water to dilute it some more.
Tip: If you would like a little extra sweetness, add a drip more honey to your glass.
And that’s it – super easy to prepare and such a tasty way to make cold brew coffee at home.
Almond milk iced coffee recipe variations to try
There are plenty of ways you can mix up this recipe – here are three ideas to try.
- For an extra flavor boost, try vanilla flavored almond milk like this one instead of plain almond milk. The vanilla flavor pairs well with the honey.
- Try brewing with flavored cold brew coffee beans.
- Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon on top for a little spice pick me up.
More cold brew coffee recipes to try
If you loved this almond milk cold coffee recipe, here are some more great recipes with coffee to try at home.
If you want to make great coffee at home, read about the best coffee beans here.
- 4 cups (32 oz) cold brew coffee
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cubed ice
- Fill 4 glasses 1/2 way up with cubed ice (see note 1).
- Add one cup of cold brew concentrate to each glass (see note 2).
- Drizzle 1/2 a tablespoon of honey into each glass and stir to combine (see note 3).
- Pour 1/4 cup of almond milk into each glass, stir to combine and serve (see note 4).
1. You could also make this in a large mason jar instead of individual glasses. Simply combine all ingredients except the ice in a large jug or jar, seal with a lid and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Shake to combine before serving.
2. You can use homemade or store bought cold brew concentrate. If making cold brew at home, you will need to make it the day before - see our easy cold brew recipe here.
3. Honey can be added before and/or after the milk. Add more if you prefer a sweeter coffee drink.
4. We used plain almond milk. For even more flavor that pairs well with honey, try a vanilla flavored almond milk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Please note that nutrition information is a computer generated estimate and should not be interpreted as a dietitian's advice. Values can vary greatly among brands, amounts and ingredients used.