This quick and easy salted caramel cream cold brew recipe is the perfect homemade alternative to a Starbucks salted caramel cold brew.
Made with just a handful of ingredients, this caramel cold brew coffee is sweet and slightly salty and topped with a creamy cold foam.
Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew Recipe Overview
Our salted caramel cream cold brew coffee recipe is super quick and easy to make.
Plus you’ll be pleased to know there is no need for fancy coffee gear or complicated homemade syrups.
And, just like the Starbucks salted caramel cold brew, it has a sweet and slightly salty caramel flavor that melds perfectly with the smooth cold brew coffee.
Topped with a sweet cold foam it is the perfect coffee drink for Summer.
Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew Ingredients
I love this caramel sweet cream cold brew as it has just 5 ready made ingredients you can pull together in no time.
In addition to ice, listed below are the main ingredients you will need to make homemade salted caramel cold brew.
Salted caramel syrup
When it comes to Starbucks copycat recipes, they need to be quick to put together otherwise it is easier to head on down to your local Starbucks, right?
So in my salted caramel cold foam cold brew recipe you won’t find any homemade syrups like in my iced apple crisp macchiato recipe.
Instead I use good quality store bought salted caramel and vanilla syrup:
The Starbucks caramel cold brew uses caramel syrup and salt, so if you don’t want to purchase salted caramel syrup for home, you can use regular caramel syrup.
Simply add a little sea salt to the recipe to achieve the required saltiness to offset the sweet.
Cold brew coffee
Likewise for the cold brew coffee. Cold brew is super easy to make at home (see my cold brew recipe here).
But it does need to be prepared 12-24 hours in advance using cold brew coffee beans.
So if you don’t have a batch made up, don’t worry – there is a quick option, which is ready to drink cold brew coffee.
My top tip is to always have some ready to drink cold brew concentrate in the pantry.
That way you always have it on hand for quick and easy cold brew coffee drink preparation.
Some good ready to drink cold brew coffee brands include:
- Starbucks unsweetened cold brew
- La Colombe cold brew fridge pack
- Wandering Bear cold brew on tap
- Bizzy cold brew coffee concentrate
Vanilla sweet cold foam
Sweet cold foam is so easy to make at home and is made by combining heavy cream, milk and vanilla syrup.
My top tip for quick drink preparation is to combine the sweet cream ingredients and store it in the fridge.
When you are ready to make a cold brew simply froth the amount you need.
The sweet cream ingredients will last in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week.
I explain the steps below or hop over to the full vanilla sweet cream cold foam recipe here.
How To Make Starbucks Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew At Home
Step 1 – Make the cold foam
To make your sweet cream cold foam, combine the heavy cream, milk and vanilla syrup in an automatic milk frother or in a french press to manually froth the cream.
If using a french press, plunge until thick and foamy and set aside.
Step 2 – Combine your ingredients
Fill a glass half way with ice cubes and pour your salted caramel syrup and cold brew coffee into the glass.
Stir gently to combine.
Step 3 – Top with sweet foam
Spoon or pour your sweet cold foam into your glass on top of the caramel cold brew.
Don’t stir – simply sip and enjoy the delicious flavors of smooth cold brew with salted caramel and vanilla.
Common Questions Answered
Are you supposed to mix the salted caramel cold brew?
One of the features of a salted caramel cream cold brew is the layered coffee and cold foam.
It is best to drink without stirring so you can enjoy the flavored coffee and foam as distinct ingredients with each sip.
Is salted caramel cream cold brew sweet?
Despite the slightly salty taste, the salted caramel cream cold brew is a sweet coffee drink thanks to the inclusion of caramel and vanilla flavored syrup.
You can change the level of sweetness by adjusting the amount of syrup you add to the drink to suit your personal taste preferences.
Is cold brew stronger than iced coffee?
Cold brew is brewed at a stronger ratio of coffee to water, so it tends to have a higher amount caffeine than regular iced or brewed coffee.
You can adjust the strength of your cold brew by diluting the concentrate with more water when adding it to your cold brew coffee recipes.
Salted Caramel Cold Brew Variations
Here are some fun ways to experiment with this salted caramel cold brew recipe to make new and tasty caramel cold brew coffee drinks!
1. Try salted caramel cream nitro cold brew
Replace regular cold brew coffee with nitro cold brew for a smooth carbonated salted caramel cream nitro cold brew coffee.
2. Make caramel cold foam
Try replacing the vanilla syrup in the cold foam with a tablespoon of salted caramel syrup for an extra caramel boost in your salted caramel foam cold brew.
3. Reduce salted caramel cold brew calories
To make a healthy cold brew with salted caramel foam with less calories, use a sugar free caramel syrup like this one.
You can also make cold foam with half and half instead of cream and milk to reduce the overall calorie count.
4. Caramel sweet cream cold brew
Ditch the frother and simply add the sweet vanilla cream to your caramel cold brew for a delicious salted caramel cream cold brew.
This option still has all the sweet creamy flavors without the foamy top.
Other Starbucks Copycat Recipes To Try
If you love to make Starbucks drinks at home, try these popular Starbucks copycat coffee drinks recipes:
- Pumpkin cream cold brew
- Iced chocolate almond milk shaken espresso
- Honey almond milk cold brew
- Iced caramel macchiato
More Cold Brew Coffee Recipes
If you loved this salted caramel cold brew Starbucks recipe, here are some more great cold brew coffee recipes to try at home.
- How to make cold brew in a french press
- How to make nitro cold brew
- Easy cold brew coffee waffles
- Coconut cold brew coffee
- Strawberry foam cold brew
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup
- Combine heavy cream, milk and vanilla syrup in a milk frother or french press and plunge until frothy. Set aside.1/4 cup heavy cream, 1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup
- Half fill your glass with ice.1 cup ice cubes
- Into the glass pour the salted caramel syrup and cold brew coffee, leaving a little room at the top for your foam. Stir to combine.2 tablespoons salted caramel syrup, 1 1/3 cups cold brew coffee
- Top with vanilla sweet cream cold foam.
- You can make the vanilla sweet cream ahead of time (don't froth it) and store in the fridge. See the full recipe here. Simply pour what you need into your frother to prepare each drink.
- If you don't have an automatic milk frother or french press, simply pour the foam ingredients into a jar and shake vigorously. The consistency will not be as thick, but still taste great.
- For a quick and easy salted caramel cold brew recipe, use store bought cold brew. Alternatively make a batch at home and store in the fridge until needed. See the full cold brew coffee recipe here.
- If you already have caramel syrup at home, you can use that instead of buying salted caramel syrup and add a pinch of sea salt to your foam when frothing.
- To reduce the calories use half and half instead of heavy cream and milk to make the cold foam.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.