This creamy, aromatic homemade pumpkin cream cold brew coffee is the perfect drink to embrace the change of seasons.
Inspired by the popular Starbucks pumpkin cold brew recipe, smooth cold brew coffee is topped with a delicious pumpkin sweet cream cold foam that screams Fall coffee!
Super easy to make and oh so much cheaper than the real thing, read on to find out how to make pumpkin cream cold brew at home.
What Is Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew?
Pumpkin cream cold brew is a seasonal cold coffee drink made by topping cold brew coffee with pumpkin cream cold foam.
Pumpkin cold foam is made with a combination of cream, pumpkin puree, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
Popularized by the Starbucks coffee chain, cold brew with pumpkin cream is the perfect way to enjoy the Fall flavors and a great alternative to a hot pumpkin spice latte.
Why I Love This DIY Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Recipe
Like all copycat Starbucks recipes, one of the best reasons to learn how to make Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew is to reduce the cost of buying it at the drive thru.
But there are a couple of other reasons why I had to share this pumpkin cold foam recipe:
- Our pumpkin sweet cream cold brew has no preservatives or sugary syrups.
- It is the perfect way to enjoy all the Fall flavors in a cold coffee drink.
- You don’t need to wait for the Starbucks release date to enjoy it!!
- It is so easy to make and can be made in batches to enjoy through the week.
- You can easily convert this into a nitro cold brew with pumpkin cream for a super creamy option (see below).
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Ingredients
Unlike the Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew recipe, this DIY pumpkin cold foam cold brew is made with whole and real ingredients.
Cold Brew Coffee
Cold brew is a super easy cold coffee drink to make at home in a large batch to store in the fridge.
See my easy step by step guide here or try some of the best coffee for cold brew reviewed by us.
Alternatively, buy pre-made cold brew concentrate so you always have it on hand when you feel like a glass of cold brew. My favorite is this one by Bizzy.
If you don’t have cold brew coffee on hand, use strong brewed coffee or espresso (double shot), just be sure to chill it in the fridge or freezer before using.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam
Our DIY pumpkin cold foam is made by combining sweetened whipping cream, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice extract.
- Whipping cream – you can find sweetened whipping cream at some supermarkets. If you can’t find it simply combine 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with 3 tablespoons of confectioners (powdered) sugar.
- Pumpkin puree – we use pure pumpkin puree. You can buy canned pumpkin puree or make it from scratch at home by simply steaming pumpkin until soft and then blending.
- Pumpkin pie spice – you should be able to find this this spice mix at the supermarket. If you aren’t based in the US and can’t find it, this recipe shows you how to make your own.
How To Make Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew At Home
Below we list the steps to make your delicious pumpkin spice cold foam cold brew.
1. Make Your Pumpkin Sweet Cream Cold Foam
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the whipping cream, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice mix.
Continue whisking until the cream is well combined and frothy, but not stiff. It should take around a minute.
The mix should hold well together (so you can spoon it on to your glass) but not so thick that it won’t dissolve once in your drink.
2. Prepare Your Coffee
If you are using homemade or bottled cold brew concentrate, combine 3/4 cup of cold brew with 1/4 cup of cold water.
For those using brewed or espresso coffee, prepare 1 cup of strong black coffee and chill in the fridge (or freezer) to cool it down quickly.
Pour your cold brew coffee into a glass with ice and top with your pumpkin cold foam.
Sprinkle with a little extra pumpkin pie spice if you like and sit back and savor this tasty drink.
Cold Brew Pumpkin Cream Variations To Try
We love this recipe just as it is, but here are some great alternatives to try:
- Nitro Pumpkin Cold Brew – for an even creamier and luscious tasting drink, make a nitro cold brew with pumpkin cream by injecting nitrogen into your cold brew. Learn how here.
- Sweeten with Vanilla Syrup – if you crave that extra sweetness just like the Starbucks coffee drink, add a pump (or two) of vanilla syrup to your cold brew before adding the pumpkin cream.
- Add more Pumpkin flavor – love even more pumpkin? Mix a tablespoon of pumpkin pie sauce into your cold brew coffee for even more yummy pumpkin flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew contains ice, brewed coffee, their own pumpkin cream cold foam recipe, vanilla syrup and pumpkin spice topping.
The pumpkin cream cold brew coffee contains dairy thanks to the milk-based cream used to make the cold foam base. To make a dairy-free pumpkin cream cold foam simply replace the whipping cream with a non-dairy option like coconut cream.
Yes, pumpkin cream cold brew includes coffee. The Starbucks pumpkin cold brew recipe contains 185 mg of caffeine. The amount of caffeine in a homemade pumpkin cold brew will vary depending on the type and amount of coffee used.
Yes, you can make pumpkin cream cold foam in a large batch. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. It may lose some of its volume, so just re-whip before using.
More Starbucks Copycat Recipes
If you love Starbucks copycat recipes, try these recipes:
- Irish cream cold brew
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Iced sugar cookie latte recipe
- Salted caramel cream cold brew coffee
More Fall Coffee Recipes
If you loved this recipe, here are some more great coffee recipes with pumpkin to embrace Autumn.
- Pumpkin spice latte
- Hot cinnamon dolce latte
- Easy pumpkin latte muffins
- Iced apple crisp macchiato
- Vanilla sweet cream cold foam recipe
Find more coffee drinks recipes here or browse all our coffee recipes.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want to save this recipe to Pinterest for later? Pin it to your Pinterest Board!
Pumpkin cream cold brew coffee (Starbucks Inspired)
A creamy cold foam with aromatic pumpkin spices combined with cold brew coffee, this Copycat Starbucks recipe for delicious pumpkin cream cold brew is the perfect way to enjoy your coffee this Fall.
- 1 cup sweetened whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/4 cup water
Make the pumpkin cream cold foam:
- In a medium bowl add the whipping cream, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice powder.
- Beat with a whisk for around 1 minute until foamy. It should look frothy, but not stiff. If using a hand blender or milk frother, blend for just 20-30 seconds.
Make the cold brew with pumpkin cream:
- Combine the cold brew concentrate with the water.
- Add ice to your glasses and pour the cold brew coffee over the ice until 3/4 full.
- Top with the pumpkin cream
- Sprinkle with a little extra pumpkin pie spice (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
1. You can find sweetened whipping cream in the supermarket. If you can't find it, simply combine 1 cup of heavy cream with 3 tablespoons of confectioners sugar.
2. You can use store bought or homemade cold brew coffee. See our simple recipe here.
3. If you use pumpkin pie mix instead of pumpkin puree, it will be sweeter and you may not need to add the pumpkin pie spice powder to the cream. Adjust for taste as necessary.
4. Store any left over pumpkin cream in the refrigerator (covered) and use within 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Please note that nutrition information is a computer generated estimate and should not be interpreted as a dietitian's advice. Values can vary greatly among brands, amounts and ingredients used.