Get ready to celebrate the holidays in style with this elegant eggnog espresso martini! Infused with the warm flavors of Baileys and rum, this eggnog martini is the essence of Christmas itself!
So whether you’re hosting a Christmas cocktail party or simply craving a little yuletide indulgence, this spiked eggnog cocktail is the perfect way to revel in the magic of the festive season.
Why You’ll Love This Eggnog Espresso Martini Recipe
If you could take all the best things about the holidays and pour them into a cocktail glass, this would be it:
- Elegant yet quick and easy to make
- Super creamy and luxurious
- Caffeinated to keep you going
- Warming winter feels with a dash of cinnamon
- The perfect party drink!
But there is something extra special about this eggnog cocktail that makes it perfect for holiday cocktail parties with friends over the festive season.
What You’ll Need To Make An Eggnog Martini
To make this eggnog martini recipe you’ll need some basic cocktail tools:
- Cocktail shaker and strainer
- Jigger or measuring spoons
- Cocktail glasses
If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can make this spiked eggnog in a jar with a lid – you’ll just need to use a fine sieve for when you pour your cocktail into your glass.
The strainer/sieve filters the ice out of your glass and also helps create the foamy, creamy finish of your cocktail.
Eggnog Espresso Martini Ingredients
To make an eggnog espresso martini you will need:
- Eggnog – this ingredient is the hero of the drink, so I recommend you buy a good quality eggnog.
- Rum – I like to use a dark spiced rum, but you can use any rum, and even substitute it for vodka or bourbon if that is what you have on hand.
- Baileys – For this recipe I like to use the Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon for extra flavor. But you can use plain Baileys Irish Cream or Kahlua.
- Espresso – a shot of espresso from an espresso machine is preferable. But you can use stovetop coffee, or even cold brew concentrate if you don’t have an espresso machine.
Coffee Tip: If you’re making the recipe for caffeine sensitive guests, use decaf espresso instead!
How To Make An Espresso Eggnog Martini
Below I step you through how to make an espresso martini with eggnog.
For the full recipe and ingredient list, scroll down to the recipe card.
Step 1 – Add Ingredients To The Cocktail Shaker
Place 6-10 ice cubes into your cocktail shaker. The amount depends on the size of your shaker. You want enough ice to quickly chill your cocktail ingredients.
Measure your ingredients and pour them into the cocktail shaker.
Place the lid back on the shaker and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds until the mixture is chilled and frothy.
Step 2 – Strain Into Your Cocktail Glasses
Remove the lid and use your strainer to strain your martini into your cocktail glass.
Garnish with a dash of cinnamon and three coffee beans (optional) and enjoy!
Tips For Making An Espresso Eggnog Cocktail
- Use large ice – Large ice cubes melt more slowly, and don’t dilute your drink as quickly. Avoid using crushed ice.
- Shake vigorously – the secret to a good espresso martini is at least 30 seconds of good shaking in the cocktail shaker!
- Always strain – most cocktail shakers come with a strainer. Always use this when pouring your cocktail into your glass to remove any ice and aerate the drink as it pours out.
- Pour right away – pour the mix into your glass as soon as you finish shaking. This prevents the ice diluting the cocktail.
More Coffee Cocktail Recipes
If you loved this espresso martini recipe, here are some more great coffee cocktail recipes to try at home.
- Siciliano coffee cocktail
- Easy white russian
- Frangelico espresso martini
- Classic Irish coffee recipe
- Gingerbread White Russian
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating below or a review in the comments and don’t forget to pin it to come back to later!
Eggnog Espresso Martini
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 oz dark spiced rum
- 1 oz Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon
- 1 oz espresso
- 4 oz eggnog
- ground cinnamon for garnish
- 3 coffee beans for garnish
- Add ice cubes to the cocktail shaker and pour the rum, Baileys, espresso and eggnog into the shaker.2 cups ice cubes, 1 oz dark spiced rum, 1 oz Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon, 1 oz espresso, 4 oz eggnog
- Place the lid back on the shaker and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds until frothy and chilled.
- Immediately strain into your cocktail glass and garnish with a dash of cinnamon and 3 coffee beans.ground cinnamon, 3 coffee beans
- I like to use Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon to add a warm vanilla flavor, but you can use any type of Baileys or even Kahlua if that is what you have on hand.
- If you don't have dark spiced rum, plain rum works well, or even vodka or bourbon.
- Use large ice cubes (not flakes or crushed) so the espresso doesn't melt and water down your cocktail.
- Espresso works best but you could use cold brew concentrate if you don't have an espresso machine.
- You can make this dairy free by using dairy-free eggnog, which is available in most grocery stores.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.